Yoga Teacher Training
Summer Training: May, June & July 2019.
August is for final project: Community Classes.
The Pura Vida Yoga Teacher Training Program is carefully designed to meet the individual needs of the aspiring yoga teacher and anyone interested in deepening their understanding and practice of yoga.
This life-changing experience is divided into three modules. Each module takes you deeper into the practice and philosophy of yoga.
Students wishing to share the transformational power of yoga through teaching must complete all three modules to be eligible for the 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification.
Questions? Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A $500 deposit is required to reserve your spot. This amount will be deducted from the total cost of training. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable once the student is accepted into the program.
Pura Vida Members receive a total $300 discount --whether you register by April 15 or later.
Once enrolled members will receive a 30% discount on monthly membership dues May, June, July & August.
Due to the nature of this program space is limited to only 9 students.
Early Bird Discount
Enroll by April 15 and receive a $200 discount
Full payment is due May 4th
Dates and Hours
Our program meets every other weekend in May, June and July. August is reserved for final project (community classes). See exact date below.
Saturday 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Sunday 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM
Module I: Awaken
Foundations and Philosophy
May 4 & 5
This is the first of the three modules in the Pura Vida Yoga Teacher Training Program. This module is suitable for aspiring teachers and anyone interested in learning more about yoga. In this module, you will learn how to customize the yoga practice based upon your own individual needs and goals. You will also become acquainted with the rich history and philosophy of yoga. In this two-day intensive you will:
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of yoga.
- Discover the ancient foundation of modern yoga.
- Explore the various lineages of yoga.
- Incorporate the wisdom of yoga into your daily life.
- Expand your own personal practice.
- Learn proper alignment and how to avoid common injuries.
- Modify yoga poses to fit your unique physiology.
- Step onto your mat with confidence.
Pre-requisite: No experience necessary.
Module II: Expand
Build and Integrate
May 18 & 19
June 1 & 2
June 15 & 16
This is the second of three modules in the Pura Vida Yoga Teacher Training Program. In this module, you will advance your understanding of asana by connecting the physical and subtle aspects of the practice. You will also broaden your knowledge of ancient yoga philosophy and its relevance to our modern way of life. In this module you will:
- Study more than 40 essential poses and what they reveal through detailed anatomical and intuitive alignment.
- Reflect upon the timeless teachings of the Bhagavad Gita and the Ramayana.
- Go beyond the physical. The subtle body: koshas, doshas, chakras.
- Explore the mythical messages underlying yoga to illuminate your asana practice.
- Unearth new insights with pranayama and meditation.
- A gentle approach to the poses that challenge you most.
- Experiment with inversions, binds, and arm balances.
Pre-requisite: Module I.
Module III: Teach
Share and Inspire
June 29 & 30
July 13 & 14
July 27 & 28
This is the third and final module in the Pura Vida Yoga Teacher Training Program. If you love yoga and want to teach it, this module will give you the tools needed to share your passion and inspire others to explore the benefits of the practice. You will also cultivate the knowledge and compassion needed to evolve as a confident teacher and humble student of yoga. In this module you will:
- Practice the art of combining individual poses into intelligent sequences.
- Learn to teach and modify individual poses for students of all levels.
- Find your voice as a yoga teacher using dynamic language.
- Bring the meaning of yoga to life by cultivating connection and empathy.
- Understand when and how to support your students with hands-on assists.
- Practice teaching.
- Take care of yourself. Continue to evolve as a student as you take on the role of a teacher.
Pre-requisite: Module II.