Yoga Teacher Training
Next available date coming up soon
The Pura Vida Yoga Teacher Training Program is carefully designed to meet the individual needs of the aspiring yoga teacher and anyone interested in deepening their understanding and practice of yoga.
This life-changing experience is divided into three modules. Each module takes the student not only deeper into the practice and philosophy of yoga, but deeper into themselves and their own intuitive knowledge. A student may enroll in one, two or all three modules.
Those students wishing to share the transformational power of yoga through teaching must complete all three modules to be eligible for the 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification.
Are you interested in joining our next program? Have questions? Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foundations and Philosophy
This is the first of the three modules in the Pura Vida Yoga Teacher Training Program. This module is suitable for aspiring teachers and anyone interested in learning more about yoga. In this module, you will learn how to customize the yoga practice based upon your own individual needs and goals. You will also become acquainted with the rich history and philosophy of yoga. In this two-day intensive you will:
- Learn proper alignment and how to avoid common injuries.
- Modify yoga poses to fit your unique physiology.
- Discover the ancient foundation of modern yoga.
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of yoga.
- Explore the various lineages of yoga.
- Incorporate the wisdom of yoga into your daily life.
- Expand your own personal practice.
- Step onto your mat with confidence.
Pre-requisite: No experience necessary
Build and Integrate
This is the second of three modules in the Pura Vida Yoga Teacher Training Program. In this module, you will advance your understanding of asana by connecting the physical and subtle aspects of the practice. You will also broaden your knowledge of ancient yoga philosophy and its relevance to our modern way of life. In this module you will:
- Unearth new insights with pranayama (breathing practices) and meditation.
- Study more than 40 essential poses and what they reveal through detailed anatomical and intuitive alignment.
- Reflect upon the timeless teachings of the Bhagavad Gita and the concepts of dharma and karma.
- Go beyond the physical. The subtle body: koshas, doshas, chakras.
- Explore the mythical messages underlying yoga to illuminate your asana practice.
- Break through: A gentle approach to the poses that challenge you most.
- Experiment with inversions, binds, and arm balances.
- Deepen your understanding of yoga philosophy.
- Embody yoga both on an off the mat.
Pre-requisite: None. Module I is suggested.
Share and Inspire
This is the third and final module in the Pura Vida Yoga Teacher Training Program. If you love yoga and want to teach it, this module will give you the tools needed to share your passion and inspire others to explore the benefits of the practice. You will also cultivate the knowledge and compassion needed to evolve as a confident teacher and humble student of yoga. In this module you will:
- Learn to teach and modify individual poses for students of all levels.
- Practice the art of combining individual poses into intelligent sequences.
- Find your voice as a yoga teacher using dynamic language.
- Bring the meaning of yoga to life by cultivating connection and empathy.
- Understand when and how to support your students with hands-on assists.
- Set yourself up for success: Yoga teacher ethics and responsibilities.
- Take care of yourself. Continue to evolve as a student as you take on the role of a teacher.
Pre-requisite: Module II.
Please note that all three modules are required if you intend to become a 200-hr certified yoga teacher.